The Indianapolis Radio Club February 22, 2015
Membership Members 100 Year Celebration Operating History Newsletters Hilltop Testing Pictures
March 13: Tony Tolbert, W9AMT, will give a presentation on Commercial DMR.
There will be a weather spotter seminar9:00 am on March 14. The seminar will be held
at the IPSC training facility located at 21st and Post Road. There will also
be a VE testing session held at the same place at 12:00 noon.
Tickets for the bus to Dayton Hamfest will go on sale at next month's meeting. The cost will be the same as last year ($30 per person).
16/76 Repeater going Yaesu Fusion see operating page button above
Johnson county one day tech class coming up in March
Indinanapolis Radio Club Four Grid Award will be available for making 2 meter FM simplex contact with hams in the four grid squares in the Indianapolis area. Please contact K9RU for details. Please check the Operating page for more details.
The 2014 Hilltop contest results.
• Eagle Hill – Marion County ARC – WA9MC
• Weakley Hill – Hendricks County ARC – N9HC
• Cyclone Hill - Jeff Hammer N9NIC
• Eagle Creek Tor – Tom O'Nan N9CXI
• Hoosier Hill – James Stohler KC9YTK
• Weedpatch Hill – Ron Cooper WB9DKL
6TH Place went to Hoosier Hill
5th Place went to Cyclone Hill
4th Place went to Weedpatch Hill
3rd Place went to Eagle Creek Tor
2nd Place went to Eagle Hill
1st Place went to Weakley Hill
Check the Indy Fox Hunting Group facebook page for details concerning the next Indy fox hunt.
The club members check into the weekly net on 224.80 at 8:00 and 146.88 at 8:15PM local time on Tuesday Nights.
The weekly six meter experimental net is on the 52.7 IPL repeater at 7:30 local time.
There will be an informal social time prior to the IRC meeting, starting around 7:00. The meeting will be held in Room 101-2 of the IFC building of the Ivy Tech Community College 2535 N. Capitol Ave. This building is located just west of the building we have been meeting in, and there is parking adjacent to this building. Point your browser to http://www.ivytech.edu/shared/shared_hcompwg/maps/ivytech-NMC-campus13.pdf for a map.
The Indianapolis Radio Club was founded in 1914 and has met continuously since. The club is a general interest group that meets on the second (2nd) Friday of each month except July and August. "Meetings start at 7:30 PM with a short business meeting followed by a program of interest to all. Preceeding the meeting, there is an informal social session that starts at 7:00 PM, where members and visitors can chat and exchange information over refreshments. The IVY tech radio club meetings are held concurrently with the Indianapolis Radio Club meetings.
There is an Amateur radio station W9JP located in the facility which the club operates and maintains. Talk in is normally on the 146.07/67 or the 146.10/70 repeater.
· President: Dave Spoelstra, N9KT – EMAIL email@example.com
· Vice Pres.: Dave Miller, K9RTT - ..EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
· Secretary: Ken Bandy, KJ9B - ..EMAIL email@example.com
· Treasurer: Rhonda Curtis, WS9H - ..EMAIL WS9H@comcast.net
· Chief Operator: Tom Chance, K9XV - ..EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
· Dir. at large: Jim Rinehart, K9RU – EMAIL email@example.com
· Dir. at large: Jerry Skoll, KC9DTB - ..EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
· Dir. at large: Bob Osterhous - ..EMAIL email@example.com
· W9JP Trustee: Don Hemenover, N9DOO – EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
Special thanks to our Website sponsor QTH.com
Be sure to hit refresh on your browser for the latest news