The Indianapolis Radio Club June 26, 2016
Membership Members Field Day Operating History Newsletters Hilltop Testing Pictures
Field Day 2016 group picture at Camp Belzer
Indianapolis Radio Club
Hilltop Operating Event Rules
September 24, 2016
Date and Contest Period: September 24, 2016. Contest starts at 1300 UTC and ends at 1700 UTC (9:00 am to 1:00 pm EDT).
- Objective: For amateur radio operators, primarily located in Central Indiana, to contact as many stations as possible while operating from hilltop locations using temporary stations.
The 220 net is back see below for details
2016 is Indiana's 200th year. Our Section Manager has a staff member working on
different things. Mark Musick, WB9CIF, spoke about the INQP involvement. This year
you can make contact with the original 15 counties for a certificate. The fee is $5. Can
also get a certificate if you contact those same 15 counties throughout the year (QSL
cards required). All of the rules will be on the website (http://hdxcc.org/inqp/).
Indinanapolis Radio Club Four Grid Award will be available for making 2 meter FM simplex contact with hams in the four grid squares in the Indianapolis area. Please contact K9RU for details. Please check the Operating page for more details.
The club members check into the weekly net on 224.98 at 8:00 local time Thursday Nights with a PL tone of 77HZ. The remote base audio at the 441.350 repeater site connects the 224.980 with the hub repeater. When Steve W9SMJ has some time to get 224.140 in Kokomo back on line, it will add more coverage. John K9SVL in Shelbyville has the 224.440 getting set up to connect into the hub. Things are gradually coming together.
The weekly six meter experimental net is on the 52.7 IPL repeater at 7:30 local time on Thursday nights.
There will be an informal social time prior to the IRC meeting, starting around 7:00. The meeting will be held at the Ivy Tech Community College 2535 N. Capitol Ave.
The Indianapolis Radio Club was founded in 1914 and has met continuously since. The club is a general interest group that meets on the second (2nd) Friday of each month except July and August. "Meetings start at 7:30 PM with a short business meeting followed by a program of interest to all. Preceeding the meeting, there is an informal social session that starts at 7:00 PM, where members and visitors can chat and exchange information over refreshments. The IVY tech radio club meetings are held concurrently with the Indianapolis Radio Club meetings.
There is an Amateur radio station W9JP located in the facility which the club operates and maintains. Talk in is normally on the 146.07/67 or the 146.10/70 repeater.
· President: David Spoelstra, N9KT – EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org,
· Vice Pres.: Dave Miller, K9RTT - ..EMAIL email@example.com
· Secretary: Ken Bandy, KJ9B - ..EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
· Treasurer: Rhonda Curtis, WS9H - ..EMAIL WS9H@comcast.net
· Chief Operator: Tom Chance, K9XV - ..EMAIL email@example.com
· Dir. at large: Jim Rinehart, K9RU – EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
· Dir. at large: Kraus, Jay W9TC
· Dir. at large: Cooper, Ron WB9DKL
· W9JP Trustee: Don Hemenover, N9DOO – EMAIL email@example.com
Special thanks to our Website sponsor QTH.com
Be sure to hit refresh on your browser for the latest news